- “Communicative Objects between Standardization and Circulation.” Bi-annual workshop of the Digital Culture and Communication Section in ECREA (Salzburg University, Austria; November 2015)
- (with Lynn Berger) “Reproduced in Print: The Halftone Process and the Definition of Journalistic Objectivity.” The Unlovable Press. Conversations with Michael Schudson (Centre for Media and Journalism Studies, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, June 2014)
- “The Penny Press and the Cultural Valuation of Topicality.” The Unlovable Press. Conversations with Michael Schudson (Centre for Media and Journalism Studies, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, June 2014)
- “Approaching Journalism History through Practice Theory.” Presentation at the 4th European Communication Conference. European Communications Research and Education Association (ECREA). Istanbul, October 2012.
- “Journalistic Practices and Audience Participation: Perspectives from the 1830’s.” Presentation at the European Communications Research and Education Association (ECREA), Biannual Workshop Digital Culture and Communication Section. (Centre d’Estudis i Recursos Culturals, Barcelona, November 2011).
- “Images of the Cybernetic Body, or the Banality of the Future.” Fourth International Graduate Conference American Bodies: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Modes of Power (John F. Kennedy Institute for North American Studies, Berlin, May 2011)
- “Inventing the News: Journalistic Practices in Early American Penny Papers 1833-1846.” 9th Annual Graduate Students and Graduate Conference: Approaching Literary and Cultural Theory (Humboldt Universität Berlin, November 2010)
- “Journalistic Practices after Journalism – On the function of news in network media.” Annual Conference of the Mid-Atlantic Popular/American Culture Association (Alexandria, VA, October 2010)
- “Disassembling the Audience: Journalistic Practices in Networked Communication.” 13. Fulbright Summer School in the Humanities: The History of Reading and the Future of Readers (Lomonosow University, Moscow, June 2010)
- “‘All the News That’s Fit to Circulate’ – Reframing Journalistic Practices after Journalism.” Third Graduate Student Conference States of Emergency – Interdisciplinary Perspectives on the Dynamics of Crisis (John F. Kennedy Institute for North American Studies, Berlin, June 2010)
The Media Scholar's Playlist